Author Topic: Star Wars OOC Discussion  (Read 2197 times)

Hamdilla

Re: Star Wars OOC Discussion
« Reply #135 on: July 07, 2017, 07:00:06 PM »
My Darth approved and I am wanting to RP :) She's Viera El’tun Faendral | Ancient Sith | Sorceress - Black Talon affiliated now. :)

Offline Ellen_Ripley

• Galaxy Moderator
  • Smuggler
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #136 on: July 25, 2017, 05:24:20 PM »
@Hamdilla

I have my dark Jedi waiting to launch as soon as @Cipherhornet18 can give me an inkling as to how to get him going. If you wish, you could have your character in league with him, which I would assume be the natural thing in any case.

Offline Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Padawan
  • Forum Game Master
« Reply #137 on: July 25, 2017, 08:22:54 PM »
Hamdilla's character is with the Black Talons faction, I believe your character is with the Imperials.

I have a post already up, it was intended to be the arrival of any PCs aboard the ship that will be their base of operations, the Kingslayer. They've just arrived on the ship via shuttle, with several ranking officers and the ship's CO waiting for them to disembark and report in. Vader is on board, but after explaining things to the CO, went back into his shuttle to take a message.

Director Krennic is one of the ranking officers of Imperial Intelligence and is in command of the Special Weapons Development Division (he's the main bad guy from Rogue One, this is 5 BBY, so 5 years prior to Rogue One's events and A New Hope's events). General Corvae is the commander of the main Imperial garrison force in the sector, 1st Tapani Assault Battlegroup, and she is unusual in that she is a female that holds a flag officer rank. (Even in Canon, it's more likely a male will hold such a rank but unlike Legends, it appears that the Empire's male-centric policies aren't a thing).

Offline Ellen_Ripley

• Galaxy Moderator
  • Smuggler
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #138 on: July 25, 2017, 08:27:11 PM »
What relationship would the BT's have with the Imperials at this stage?

Offline Ellen_Ripley

• Galaxy Moderator
  • Smuggler
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #139 on: July 25, 2017, 08:30:58 PM »
This I presume?

http://starwars.lostworldssff.com/index.php?topic=2542.0

That being so, what is the best course of action for me to introduce Tak into the scene?

Offline Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Padawan
  • Forum Game Master
« Reply #140 on: July 25, 2017, 08:34:47 PM »
The Black Talons are a remnant force of Old Republic troops that did not get Order 66, they got a different one that declared Palpatine a traitor to be arrested. As a result, they've gone into hiding and despise the Empire and everything it stands for. The way they see it, the Empire enslaved their brothers (their use of control chips to turn the Clone Troopers against the Republic and Jedi) and is an illegitimate government that overthrew the Republic.

Also, I'm currently not going to have the factions interact with one another, in that while the Imperials may encounter Rebels or even the Black Talons, none of the PCs will cross paths with other faction PCs. This is to prevent the possibility of one PC potentially locking down the entire story by making themselves integral to too many plots and then suddenly disappearing. So right now, Tak and Viera would not be interacting with one another. This may change, but right now, that's my current policy.

And yeah, that's the post. Don't forget about Visas in the Rebels too.

Offline Ellen_Ripley

• Galaxy Moderator
  • Smuggler
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #141 on: July 25, 2017, 08:39:44 PM »
I'll have him standing quietly somewhere for the time being as I am almost out of time to be here. I will though do a post for Visas before I leave.

Offline Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Padawan
  • Forum Game Master
« Reply #142 on: July 26, 2017, 12:40:37 PM »
If the post doesn't work for you, please tell me so I can edit it, because right now, you and I are literally the only two Imperial players and I can't progress it without you.

Also, I'm going to call a halt to any more Force Sensitive characters. We have WAY too many in play for 5 BBY as is (literally everyone but me is playing Force Sensitives). If anyone is currently planning a character to join the game, I will not accept any Force Sensitive character for any faction or at any level of training. I've given plenty of suggestions for character ideas in the Soldier Types thread and I'd be willing to work one-on-one with anyone who needs help, but if it's Force Sensitive in any way, the answer is no.

Offline Ellen_Ripley

• Galaxy Moderator
  • Smuggler
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #143 on: July 26, 2017, 06:00:56 PM »
No I'm fine dear, I simply needed a little time to get my head back into the game after a months break. The mind tends to slow down at my age  :fp

I agree on the force sensitives as well. I'm only going with my two as they were all I had from earlier, going from the type of plot/pursuit we had. We do need more normals for certain.