Author Topic: SW:A - Imperials - Chapter 1  (Read 188 times)

Online Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Padawan
  • Forum Game Master
SW:A - Imperials - Chapter 1
« on: June 13, 2017, 12:28:36 PM »
A long, long time ago
In a galaxy far, far away...

STAR WARS
Awakening - Galactic Empire

It has been fifteen years since the GALACTIC EMPIRE was created by Emperor Palpatine in the wake of the Clone Wars, establishing order to the galaxy. But subversive elements continue to threaten the grand scheme of the Emperor.

In the strategically valuable TAPANI SECTOR, the Empire now has learned of those who seek to unleash vile and destructive weapons against the loyal citizens of the Empire, threatening to usurp Imperial control of the vital region. Faced with a war of a new type, an elite task force, TASK FORCE 101, has been commissioned to root out dissent and chaos wherever it may hide in this region of intrigue and deception.

Their first task is to determine the potential threat of a biological weapon, which unleashed, could cause serious damage to the Empire's holdings in the sector...

Vindicator Cruiser Kingslayer
In Orbit of Tallaan, Tallaan System

Stormtroopers stood at attention on the hangar deck as the arriving Lambda shuttle touched down. Standing in front of it was the Captain of the Kingslayer, Captain Malik Durren. He stood at attention as the shuttle's ramp finally lowered, and the occupants decended. First, a squad of Death Troopers, who took up guard positions, and then, Lord Darth Vader and Director Orson Krennic followed, along with a woman with General rank insignia, General Tessala Corvae. Krennic looked very much so unhappy to be here, but as usual, it was impossible to know what the Dark Lord of the Sith was thinking. General Corvae remained impassive in her expression.

"My Lord, welcome. I was not told to expect you on the inspection tour, only General Corvae and Director Krennic." Captain Durren said. Vader waved a hand dismissively.

"You may dispense with the pleasantries, Captain, I am not here for your groveling. I am here to make some matters clear." Vader said.

"Yes, My Lord." Durren nodded.

"The rivalries between the branches of the Imperial Military and Intelligence divisions have been tolerated thus far because they have proven most useful. But this Task Force has no place for them, and your forces will cooperate at all levels. The Emperor does not have patience for petty bickering, nor do I." Vader explained, pointing a finger at Durren, who straightened up even more.

"Of course, My Lord, we will make full use of all available assets and cooperate with all participants in this Task Force." Durren replied.

"Good, Captain. Because if not, you will answer to someone who is far less forgiving than I am. You are fighting this conflict against these rebellious traitors in a different manner, so I expect you to exercise intelligence in your actions. Do not act so carelessly that you turn this entire sector against us." Vader said. An officer descended down from the shuttle and approached the group. Vader turned to the officer.

"My Lord. The second transport is on final approach now." The Captain said.

"Very well, Captain." Vader turned to the other two in his party, "General Corvae, Director Krennic, conduct your inspection, but be quick about it. I intend to leave this system within the hour."

"Yes, Lord Vader." General Corvae said crisply.

"Of course, Lord Vader." Krennic said, though there was a twinge of a scowl in his tone. Vader and the officer from his shuttle turned and headed back up the ramp. A second Lambda touched down next to Vader's shuttle.

"Captain. The remaining detachment of your forces. You are being bestowed some of the best soldiers in the Empire. I do hope that you do not misuse them." Krennic said, leading the way over to the newly arrived shuttle.

"Yes, sir. They'll be a welcome addition to the Task Force." Captain Durren replied.

"If you have any unit shortcomings that were not already accomodated, I can draw some of my troops temporarily to your command. But I think you should be well covered." Corvae said.

==========================================================
Lambda Shuttle ST-872

Satre sat in silence, fully suited up in her Death Trooper armor. There were a few other Death Troopers in the compartment, but also others she didn't recognize, and some weren't even troopers of any type.

The co-pilot of the Lambda shuttle turned to the troop compartment.

"Captain Durren is with General Corvae and Director Krennic. And Lord Vader is aboard. Be on your best behaviors." He said.

Satre grunted to herself.

"I didn't think that would be a concern." Satre said, her helmet's speakers distorting her voice so badly as it came out that it masked her race and gender into a mechanical tone that only made her words clear.

Offline Ellen_Ripley

• Galaxy Moderator
  • Smuggler
  • "I am the Mother!"
Re: SW:A - Imperials - Chapter 1
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 06:58:33 PM »

A third transport arrived not long after the previous one; baring with it a rather heavily damaged Tie fighter and its pilot, Vader and the Emperor's attack dog Tak Imsen. The man's face said it all, fury written over every aged line, a deep red gash streaming blood down his temple. One look at the damaged fighter told you he only survived because of his abilities with the force.

Dismissing any aid with a swift rebuke or wave of the hand, he made his way immediately to wear he knew his commander would be. The relationship between the two had to be said had cooled somewhat after their first encounter, that of course was prior to Vader's present state of being and when Imsen was a disciple of Dooku. Without any fanfare, nor indeed title, Tak presented himself as he was, merely giving Vader a slight bow of the head. "I bring news, not exactly what either of us expected, but news nonetheless. The scion of Jago Emaalon lives, as you can see by my appearance. And yes, she is as powerful as you predicted."

Online Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Padawan
  • Forum Game Master
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 02:28:05 AM »
Hangar Deck, Vindicator Cruiser Kingslayer
Tallaan Orbit, Tallaan System

Vader slowly turned to face Imsen, and for a moment, all that was heard was the ambiance of the hangar and Vader's mechanical wheezing.

"The only news I heard, Inquisitor, is that you were bested by a child," Vader finally said, "If you cannot defeat a child, then I struggle to see of what use you serve the Emperor. And the Emperor has but one response to that which does not serve a use."

Satre descended the ramp of the second Lambda with the other troops, where they were stopped by General Corvae, who wordlessly raised a hand. Everyone was giving Vader and the Inquisitor a wide berth. Krennic, on the other hand, was watching the situation unfold with a slight bemused grin on his face. Vader's hand reached out in a grasping motion, as he reached out with the Force to choke Imsen.

"Since you have proven so gravely incompetent, I will deal with this myself. I see now that it was wrong to give you such an important assignment. You will remain on this ship and act alongside the task force I have assembled." Vader said, "Leave this ship to resume the hunt for Emaalon's child or commandeer this force to do so, and I will not be so merciful."

He released his grasp after finishing, and without another word, Vader turned back for his shuttle, his cape flowing around him as he headed back for his shuttle.

Krennic turned to Captain Durren, clapping a hand on the man's shoulder.

"Seems you have yet another addition to your force, Captain. Do try not to disappoint." Krennic said, still with a bemused grin.

Offline Ellen_Ripley

• Galaxy Moderator
  • Smuggler
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 06:55:07 PM »

Imsen didn't flinch, it wasn't the first time the much younger man had lost his temper with the veteran, nor would it be the last. Simply, Vader and the Emperor needed him, one of the last anchors to the old world and ways that escaped many. With his deep baritone in reply as Vader left he told him flatly. "Well that you did send me Vader, otherwise you would have no news at all. Do not underestimate the child Anakin." The last he said as a reminder to who the man was and exactly where he came from, Asalya was no different.

Online Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Padawan
  • Forum Game Master
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2017, 12:47:52 AM »

Vader simply stopped in his tracks. Imsen's use of that name, especially in front of others, caused what only those in the Force could see as a maelstrom of anger. When Vader clenched his fists, Imsen's TIE Fighter was instantly crushed into a ball, with the more volatile elements contained within the craft making small explosions.

"Do not tempt your already precarious position, Inquisitor." Vader said before resuming walking up the ramp of his shuttle. Krennic left the gathering of soldiers to approach Imsen, his hands clasped behind his back under the black cape over his white Imperial Intelligence uniform.

"Not that it's any of my buisness, Inquisitor, but perhaps you should let him have the last word. I dare say that Lord Vader may become quite irrational if you persist. And as trivial as this," He gestured with a gloved hand around them, "May appear, I personally do not wish to share a shuttle for the next day with him in such a foul mood. Plus, you might even come to like it here."

General Corvae looked to the troops and Captain Durren before clearing her throat.

"You've all been selected to be a part of a unique combat unit in this sector. You will be fighting a much more surgical war against traitors here. The Tapani Sector is unique in that it has customs that are somewhat new and alien to many outsiders, and it creates a political minefield. Some of you distinguished yourselves in my unit, others have proven your utility in service to the Emperor elsewhere in the galaxy. Many powerful eyes are upon you and your unit, as you have seen. Success will be rewarded, but failure will suffer grave punishment. There is very little room for error, soldiers. Come together as one, and no one in this universe will be able to stop your might." Corvae said, addressing the troops. She had not prepared a speech, but given the circumstances, she needed to rally them now.

Offline Ellen_Ripley

• Galaxy Moderator
  • Smuggler
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2017, 08:35:57 PM »

The boy had come a long way in a few short years, yet there was one thing he was still to master and that of course was his temper, Tak predicted that if Vader didn't get a hold of that soon, it would be his undoing. Anger clouded the mind, it affected your judgement, one of the tenants of any Jedi no matter what colour spectrum you followed. In the past, he had seen some of the fiercest Jedi go into battle, with a maelstrom surrounding them and those who had survived were those who had kept their calm; it was one of the first lessons you learned. He was neither cowed nor overly impressed as the Dark Jedi left.

Then as Krennic addressed him, Tak chose his words carefully. "He needs to learn Krennic, he is still raw with emotion even after these years that have passed. He is carrying a hatred for something and if he cannot get passed that, he will make mistakes, mistakes none of us can afford. But, I will say no more. My service is to the Emperor and the Empire, nothing less. Now you best be off before he does become irrational, I will do my best to adjust, bear in mind, I do not stay in one place for long, that as they say is not in my employment purview."

Online Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Padawan
  • Forum Game Master
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2017, 11:41:05 AM »

Krennic merely chuckled as he started towards the shuttle he had arrived on with Vader, "It seems that for the time being, you are going to be doing just that, being in one place for a time. Still, perhaps there is some benefit to be found here, even if it isn't readily seen." The Director of Imperial Intelligence spoke without breaking his stride, "I'd suggest you go introduce yourself to General Corvae and Captain Durren, and the soldiers you will be working with. They're all quite unique as Imperial soldiers go."

Offline Ellen_Ripley

• Galaxy Moderator
  • Smuggler
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2017, 08:38:32 PM »

"Time is fluid to me. Safe travels Krennic, but be wary. The rebels have become rather confident in their ability to strike hard and swiftly, disappearing before we can even hit back at them, we need to end this." With that he nodded ascent to the suggestion, turning to seek out the other two.

A moment or so after, he was standing typically with his hands behind his back, surveying all his saw, noting in his mind each face. "General Corvae and Captain Durren, I am to be your 'guest' for a time. What can you tell me of any intelligence you have gathered on the rebel strongholds."

Online Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Padawan
  • Forum Game Master