Author Topic: Armory  (Read 92 times)

Offline Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Padawan
  • Forum Game Master
Armory
« on: September 04, 2017, 02:19:20 PM »
Run by Sadon Bey, a Zabrak male, the Armory at Sigma Base houses the infantry weapons for all of Nova Division. A mismatch collection of blasters, slugthrowers, and various kit, most everything was either stolen or bought on the black market.

Offline Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Padawan
  • Forum Game Master
Re: Armory
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 06:37:13 AM »
As they headed into the armory, Zhug glanced at Laya again.

"Might not want to be flashin' that around, as I said. Better you start gettin' used to usin' a blaster." Zhug said quietly.

A brown skinned Zabrak male with no hair on his head rolled out on a chair from behind one of the desks, a scowl on his face already.

"What the kriff do you want, Zhug? I'm busy."

"Kids, this is Sadon Bey, he's the guy who keeps track of our weapons here." Zhug said.

"When you're not eyeing which ones to sell out from under me. What do you want?" Sadon repeated.

"Nova's got us going on a mission, rescue in plain sight type deal on Kamper. They're going to need to be outfitted." Zhug replied.

"I'm already armed." Sabe said, and finally swung her rifle case off of her back and onto a table. She unzipped it and revealed a well-worn but cared for DLT-19x Targeting Rifle, and she still had her A180 blaster pistol at her hip. Without another word, Sadon stood up and pulled a small box from one of the racks, and set it on the table in front of her. Sabe opened it and saw it was the blaster rifle module for the A180, a snap-on forearm attachment to convert the pistol into a blaster rifle.

Sadon then looked at Laya and leaned against one of the weapon racks for a moment before returning to rummage through and came back with three small boxes and then disappeared into the armory once more for three larger boxes. He opened the pistol ones first.

"Alright. First one up is an S-5, fresh from Naboo surplus. Decent pistol, plus you got the dart launcher if you need a quick escape or if you got the skills to use it, knock someone out without them ever hearing. Next is the DH-17, standard issue sidearm. Single shot or burst fire, mid-power scope if you need to tap someone further out, all around decent. Finally, you got the KYD-21, the assassin's favorite. Nice punch for close range, and the flash suppressor keeps people from seeing your muzzle flash." Sadon then opened the rifle cases.

"Long guns, this is of course the E-11, the staple of the Imperial military. We also got the EE-4, which is good in tight quarters but anything past close range and your friends better be backing you up. Finally, the mainstay of our Commandos, the A280C, able to cut down Stormies like nobody's buisness and the autofire mode is handy if you get surrounded. You get one pistol and one rifle. If you're more into slug guns, not my place to judge, I might be able to dig up something for you to use instead. But as you can see, I'm not exactly the best equipped place so don't go asking me for stuff like T-7 Ion Disruptors or Bo-rifles, because I don't got it." Sadon explained.

Offline Asalaya Emaalon

• Spacer
  • "Luke! I am your sister!"
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 01:53:00 AM »
 This was getting to be like a walk for Laya's sake because someone said she was getting a fat arse. Since the moment she stepped into the place she'd done nothing but go from one place to another, only to go to another place yet again. Luckily she had a photographic memory for places and directions, or she'd be hopelessly lost. "It'll just hang there, doubt I'll use it in th' short term." She had used it, mostly in defence, but Laya had a respectful fear of it as well.

But now they had come to a place she was familiar with, the armory. Although not that she was readily familiar with this one, mostly though they were all the same. "I'm Laya by the way." She said to the bald man. "Nice to meetcha." Then she lavishly looked over the offered weapons. She handled them each in turn before deciding on taking the DH-17 and the A280c, she'd seen similar used among Jago's crew, so it wasn't that out of reach for her. "These will do. By the way, where exactly are we off to and who we be rescuin?"
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 04:49:51 PM by Asalaya Emaalon »

Offline Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Padawan
  • Forum Game Master
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 03:42:00 PM »
"Just make sure you don't lose this stuff or return it blown up to oblivion and back. I've got enough troubles keeping us stocked as is." Sadon replied, before collecting the other weapons and returning them to the lockup.

"...Nova just explained that. We're rescuing a spacer from the ISB and then his ship from impound on Kamper. Or were you too busy reminiscing?" Sabe grumbled as she secured her sniper rifle back in its case and then tucked the attachment for her A180 inside of her jacket.

"And we're not doin' any kriffin' arguing on the ride to Kamper, so just hit the reverse thrusters right there, kid." Zhug said, scowling at Sabe, "I know you got a chip on your shoulder and you think you know more than either of us because you used to run with Saw Guerra, but no one here is impressed, and your people skills are terrible. Work on them, because no one here is better than anyone, we're all here to fight the Empire in any way we know how."

"We discussed this not less than five minutes ago, and all her chiming in was that she knew how to do this and knew how to do that. So maybe I'm not the one here with something to prove, Captain." Sabe replied with a scowl of her own.

"Don't have to say anything to be showing off, either. Or be judgmental. We already know you don't want to be here, and you want to play the role of the strong silent type. That might've flown with the Partisans back on Onderon, but we're not on Onderon. So lay off." Zhug said. The two of them just glared at one another.

Offline Asalaya Emaalon

• Spacer
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 05:42:03 PM »
 The young woman clicked her tongue, perhaps she wasn't clear enough? "Who; I got that what you said, just thought you might have known a little more n' 'some spacer'?" Her eyes then looked back to Sadon, there was a slight degree of cheekiness in them when she spoke to him again. "Often I've bin known t' bring back twice as much stuff as I take out. Never know, ya might get lucky this time."

Pretty much Laya was anxious to get going, for one thing she didn't like bickering between people who should be just getting on with the job, she felt like telling them to all shut up, of course she couldn't and wouldn't, not yet at least. So she did the next best thing, pretended to not hear them, something she was quite good at doing. After a long silence Laya shouldered her new gear, gave Sadon a wave before she opened her mouth once again. "Mebbe we should just move eh?"

Offline Sabe Baize

• Spacer
  • A Sniper Searching For Her Spotter (Alliance)
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 10:37:26 PM »
"Yeah. I'm thinkin' we should get a move on." Zhug finally said, turning and leading the way out of the armory. Sabe didn't move until she was the last one out the door, following them to the hangar.

Offline Asalaya Emaalon

• Spacer
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2017, 04:14:14 PM »
 The young woman couldn't really figure these people out for the moment. Yes she'd been around, possibly way too much for her age and yes she had encountered all types of personalities along the way. But for the most part, those she came across who always appeared to be a little on the grumpy or edgy side she tended to avoid as best as she could. One of the reasons whenever she was forced to return to Hutt, she made those visits as brief as possible. This group though, well not all of them at least; just seemed to be on a knife's edge, that was only way she could describe it. Granted, she knew what was at stake and having the Imps continually breathing down your neck would make anyone nervous she supposed. But there was something more.

Laya shrugged it off though, they had something to do now and something vitally important. "Any idea what resistance or what we might be goin up against?" She asked curiously as they headed for the hangar bay. She was more than eager now to show what she could do without having to resort to any of her bag of tricks. Hopefully.

Offline Sabe Baize

• Spacer
  • A Sniper Searching For Her Spotter (Alliance)
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2017, 01:05:22 AM »
Zhug glanced at Sabe, but she said nothing.

"House Calipsa security is likely going to be on point for this for the most part. Their security forces are equipped by the Empire, but they're not like the lousy bunch of thugs on the Outer Rim. They've got good paychecks and comfortable livings, and they're committed to defending the realm of their High Lord." Zhug explained, "Bribing some takes some finesse."

"The ISB will likely send one of their agents and a detachment of Tactical Units, Stormtroopers but different." Sabe finally said.

"Yes. And if we try to bust out the ship with force, the local forces have starfighters, Manta-class. Those things pack a punch, durable, and speedy when they want to be. But something tells me we're going to have to shoot it out once or twice while we're on Kamper. Maybe." Zhug replied.