Author Topic: Kamper  (Read 1221 times)

Offline Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Padawan
  • Forum Game Master
Kamper
« on: September 11, 2017, 10:44:25 PM »
A lush world of oceans and rainforests, Kamper was once part of House Pelagia's holdings, but was seized by House Calipsa after the rise of the Empire. The Kamper System is a cross-roads for House Calipsa, with hyperlanes leading not only to their recent acquisitions still rich with resources, but also Calipsa itself, giving the House a hyperlane into Pelagia and Cadriaan territory to access the Shapani Bypass

As a result, House Calipsa's presence in the system is fairly strong, with at least two of their Nebulon-B frigates patrolling the system along with a slew of patrol craft at any given moment. Imperial presence is occasional but infrequent, typically only seeing smaller patrol groups.

Offline Sabe Baize

• Smuggler
  • A Sniper Searching For Her Spotter (Alliance)
Re: Kamper
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 10:53:10 PM »
~Time Jump (Rebels) - 48 Hours~

"Astral Nomad this is Kamper Spaceport Control. You are cleared to dock, docking bay 27. Please be aware that a Customs inspection is mandatory and failure to comply will result in detainment and the seizure of your vessel and anything on board." The bored sounding control officer said over the comm.

"Astral Nomad copies, Kamper Control. Beginning our approach now." Zhug replied, and began guiding in his YT-1000 freighter towards the blue and green sphere before them. Around them, all manner of space traffic was coming, going, or just passing through. IPV-1 patrol craft bearing House Calipsa's sigil passed by as well, as did a Nebulon-B frigate.

Upon entering atmosphere, a sprawling city in the middle of a rainforest greeted them, but showed signs of damage still being repaired.

"Not long after the Empire took over, just about every House ganged up on House Pelagia and beat them down pretty hard. Calipsa annexed a good chunk of their systems, including Kamper. Place never quite has healed, I suppose." Zhug commented as the ship decended closer to the city and its spaceport. Tobias, the First Mate and Co-Pilot of the Astral Nomad, got up and headed to the back to start stowing their equipment so that Calipsa's forces wouldn't find it.

Offline Asalaya Emaalon

• Smuggler
  • "Luke! I am your sister!"
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 11:13:19 PM »
 Those first images that filled Laya's eyes were one that perhaps she had not quite seen the like before. Yes she had seen lush worlds before, even been on a few, but none of them were like this, none seemed to compare. Looking out the small viewport she simply couldn't turn her eyes away, there was something both deeply intriguing about what she could see and something calming as well. Although in her heart she knew it wasn't going to stay like that for long, that feeling at least. Her eyes were drawn in more and more as the little ship made its final approach. Laya had to shake her head good and hard to break out of her reverie. "Fascinating place, I'd be likin to come back here for a different circumstance." She hated hot and dry, that was her homeland and as much as she was loyal to it, that didn't mean she had to like it. In fact Laya was even more comfortable in cold and snowy places if she had a choice.

"Once we're on the ground, what be our first priority? Or I should say where will we be headin first up?"

Offline Visas Marr

• Smuggler
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 04:43:52 PM »
Having changed into their clothes, Visas now felt just that much more a part of their company, even to the point of sharing a small meal with the young Padawan, for indeed that was how she saw Asalaya now; a Padawan who needed guidance and training not only with the Force, but with general life exposure as well. For in a very short time she had learned that the girl had led though a rather exciting life for her age, it was one that perhaps was rather diminished in the finer touches. "Find our Captain Harik and his ship, then get out of there with as little fuss as possible. Exposure is the last thing this alliance needs at this point in time." She gave Laya an answer, the most logical one.

Offline Sabe Baize

• Smuggler
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2017, 01:13:17 PM »
Sabe's eyes just kept fixating on each battle scar that the capital city of Kamper wore, wondering if the people there just rolled over and let themselves be annexed by a rival house or if the fires of insurgency were waiting to ignite here like they did back on Onderon.

"I'm thinkin' that our best bet is if you spring our man while Tobias and I case the impound yard for his ship. YT-1760s are still fairly new, and not a lot of people run them. Too small in the cargo space, not a good trade off for the big ol' engines crammed in. Ideally, we get you all to his ship and then we follow as innocent as you please. But if we gotta make a hasty retreat, let's just hope Myn Harik and his Last Starshine are up to being graceful under pressure." Zhug said.

"...that isn't a plan, that's a goal." Sabe commented.

"Not much for plans, kid. Most of 'em go by the wayside real quick like so it's easier to just play that by ear. Plus Nova sent me a comm after you all called it a night. Turns out those reinforcements aren't going to show, couldn't be bothered with a small-time outfit like us. Now, the first part is Customs." Zhug explained while piloting the freighter towards the spaceport, "Normally, I'd say just be all grins and waves and let me do all the talking, but our mission does lend us a potential angle. If you think you can manage busting yourselves out, me and Tobias can hide in one of the smuggling compartments and you three get yourselves arrested. They'd put the Nomad in the impound yard, where we can just get straight to finding the Starshine."

"That sounds insane, but it's actually one that would be advantageous in more than one way. Not only would we be brought to our objectives, which they would not expect, they'd think we were just petty criminals saving a fellow criminal. No connection to the Alliance would be made right away." Sabe commented, finally agreeing with the Duros Captain.

"Otherwise, the trick is getting into the security forces compound without causing a ruckus that gets back to the Alliance. I mean, you can cause a ruckus, but they just can't trace it back. Past that, ah...well, I'd say we've got about enough time for a couple more suggestions before I gotta put her down." Zhug said.

Offline Asalaya Emaalon

• Smuggler
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2017, 01:39:04 AM »
 Every minute she was with these people became more and more interesting, with intrigue thrown in for good measure. What the others didn't know, other than perhaps the woman calling herself Visas, was the fact that since they were even close to Kamper, Laya was 'feeling' for those kind of people she had come to know as being Force sensitive. While she was raw and yes totally inexperienced, possibly dangerous as well (she had been told that point blank several times); there were a few useful things she had picked up along the way that had helped both her and anyone she was with on a number of occasions without actually giving herself away. Laya wasn't sure how or where she had learned this particular trick, all she knew was that it worked.

She smiled inwardly when that feeling, or emotion it felt like sometimes, told her that just her and Visas were the only ones within a very long way who had even a light touch on the Force. That made things so much easier for what she was about to agree to; Laya figured if a twelve year old could escape from what was a real prison in every sense of the word, surely three adults could get themselves free of almost any situation, even if it did mean getting locked up. "I can do it. I mean 'we' can do it." She corrected herself, she wasn't in this alone, not this aspect of it. "Most of the time I've managed to talk me way out of almost anything and that includes some rather gross lock ups at the hands of the Hutt; this'n ain't gonna be all  that hard is it?" Of course there was the unknown, she had zero idea on how tight these people down on Kamper could be with perceived crims.

Offline Visas Marr

• Smuggler
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2017, 11:56:05 PM »
"This place is ill." Visas commented to no one in particular whilst her mind was looking out the window, feeling the presence of that below them. To her, even the world that surrounded them could be deemed as sick in need of healing. This though was something else, it felt off as if someone had deliberately gone out their way to cause ruin.

Taking everything into account, she knew immediately what needed to be done in the first instance. "We will need to access their security from the outset. Harik could be under simple close arrest on his own ship, or locked up so deeply we need a Klatooinian excavator ship to dig him out." Hearing her own words, in mentioning a race she had often come up against, she wondered for a moment if they still existed. "That should be our first priority and I can do that alone if you wish. But it should be done quickly whatever your decision be." She felt Asalaya reaching out with a trickle of the force, so tiny that even she could barely detect it. "She's good, very good." Visas told herself.

Offline Sabe Baize

• Smuggler
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2017, 08:04:10 PM »
Zhug angled his ship for the landing pad finally, lowering the landing struts and preparing to activate the repulsors once they were close enough to the ground to slow the last 50 meters or so into a graceful landing.

"Nova's people already said he's in the security compound. So yeah, we gotta dig him out. But I think we're gonna need you on the outside. Visas, go back there and find Tobias, have him secure the two of you in the smuggling compartments. Figure it'll take all of a minute to find the ship we're after, so better you're in a position to help us from the outside." Zhug said, "Unless someone else wants to be on the outside. Either way, I'm going with you. Been locked up more than a few times, I know a few tricks. We just want to be out of there before the ISB team shows up."

The Astral Nomad settled down onto its landing struts and Zhug began powering down the ship. As he did, a three-man team began to approach the ship. Two of them were in blue body armor that looked very much like Stormtrooper armor, but bore the sigil of House Calipsa on the shoulder plates, while the third walked between them appeared to be an officer of some sort.

Offline Asalaya Emaalon

• Smuggler
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2017, 06:33:17 PM »
 Assuming that everything went according to plan, this whole operation could be as easy as taking a dusk slug from a baby Kowakian Monkey-Lizard. Or not. Quite often the best laid plans went awry, Laya hoped this wasn't going to be one of those occasions.

While she wasn't the most adept at the Force persuasion, she had used the skill a number of times to reasonable effect, it all depended really on the subject. She was well aware to that some were totally immune to it, but it was worth a try at least. Pressing herself against a wall she waited, whispering to the others. "If'n you want me to do somethin special, just let me know." Her eyes looked over at the strange woman though, she was an unknown entity, at this point she didn't fully trust her.

Offline Visas Marr

• Smuggler
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2017, 12:38:05 AM »
A quite reasonable plan Visas thought immediately, there were no holes in it that she could determine so far. "Leave it to me then." The ancient Jedi quipped, darting away forward of the ship. She didn't have to see to know where Tobias was, the woman could feel him, in fact she knew the exact whereabouts of everyone on the ship with each individual having their own scent and aura for her to use in finding them.

Minutes later she was standing behind him. "Tobias, Zhug has a rather unique plan for the two of us. He requests that we be sequestered in the smuggling compartments so that we'll be closer to help if needs be." The more she thought about it, the more it rang of something she had done herself eons ago. Whether it came off well was another story, as she had found some of her memories were starting to fade. Visas knew that was a part of the effects of being in stasis so long. 

Offline Sabe Baize

• Smuggler
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2017, 03:41:32 PM »
"Alright then. Just follow my lead, ladies. We'll get arrested faster than the Kessel Run." Zhug said as he powered down his ship.

Tobias looked up from stowing the team's weapons in one of the compartments and listened to Visas before nodding.

"Figures he'd come up with some crazy hare brained scheme like that. Alright, we'll use the floor compartments, they're a lot more roomy." Tobias said, securing the bulkhead he was at, which gave no impression of being a storage compartment, but the Nomad was a smuggling ship, after all. He then opened up two of the floor covers to reveal large containers, which were empty. They also had small video displays, likely for monitoring the interior of the ship remotely.

"Hop in, and don't make a sound." Tobias said, "I'll let you out once we're clear. Don't worry, we made these for us to hide in, so you won't run out of air. If you have to get out quick, hit the red release button." He then sealed the cover over Visas before concealing himself in the other compartment.

Zhug waited for the loading ramp to fully lower and for the inspection team to reach them.

"Welcome to Kamper. Do you have anything to declare before we begin?" The officer asked.

"Yeah! WHERE'S MY MONEY?!" Zhug shouted before tackling the customs officer to the ground, "YOU OWE ME FIFTY THOUSAND!"

The customs officer fell to the ground and tried to use the datapad in his hand to ward off the angry Duros trying to punch him. Sabe blinked but as one of the soldiers was turning to pull Zhug off of him, she launched in with a kick at the back of his leg to drop him to a knee and then wrapped her arms around him in a classic hold. The guard dropped his blaster rifle and was unable to get to either his pistol or the baton at his hip.

"Back off if you know what's good for you, unless you want to share in his debt!" Sabe said loudly, wrestling the guard away from Zhug and the officer.

"HELP! HELP!" The officer shouted.

"YEAH, YOU BETTER CALL FOR HELP! I'VE BEEN GIVING YOU ARRESTS AND YOU OWE ME MY CUT!" Zhug shouted back.

Offline Asalaya Emaalon

• Smuggler
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2017, 01:38:08 AM »
 Picking up the gist of what was going down very quickly, Laya didn't bat an eyelid in throwing herself into the game, for the game in getting oneself arrested was always going to be both interesting and exciting.

Seeing the stance the guards took, and that of her comrades, the young woman fell to using her wits and physical skills alone to add her weight to the scene, easily decking a somewhat shorter guard and knocking him to the ground, placing her boot on his chest. "Don't move boyo or I will shoot you." She wouldn't, not unless her friends were threatened and she had to go the full bravado to make it just that much more of a case for the impending arrest. Just to keep things serious, she didn't look at her companions, for fear she'd burst out laughing.

Offline Visas Marr

• Smuggler
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2017, 04:34:03 PM »
<Hidden hidey hole>

Memories came flooding back to Visas when Tobias opened the compartment for her, it was strangely familiar. Giving him a pleasant smile as she stepped in, she let her senses do the 'looking' around for her, to her surprise what she felt was almost identical to another smuggler's compartment in another time and place- it was almost as if nothing had changed in several thousand years. "I'm not one to overly panic at anything Tobias, what you should be hoping for is that I don't find it too comfortable then end up going to sleep." She patted his hand as she slipped below, waiting for the cover to be replaced.

Offline Sabe Baize

• Smuggler
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2017, 01:22:10 PM »
Just as sure as could be, a full squad of guards stormed the docking bay, rifles drawn, and surrounded the trio. Two guards each pulled each of the Rebels off of their victims, with a third giving each a close up view down the barrel of an E-11. The officer hauled himself to his feet, brushing himself off. After taking a breath, he turned to Zhug.

"I don't know who you are or what you think is going on, but assaulting an officer of the House is a felony in Calipsa Space. As of right now, all of you are under arrest and your ship is now being impounded. And since you've admitted to aiding and abetting illegal activities among the Customs office, you will be held until you tell us who it is you've been conspiring with." The officer turned to his guards, "Search the ship, bring anything you find. Then have impound secure it."

"Just tryin' to cover your own karking backside, eh?" Zhug demanded, struggling against the guards while a final guard rounded up any weapons that were found on each of the Rebels in a pat down.

"...get these three scum out of my sight." The officer ordered, and they were carted off to the security station, while a team scoured the ship. Finding only some antiquities in the cargo hold, the Astral Nomad was taken to the impound yard...

============================<Timeskip - 30 Minutes Later>===============================
<Starport Security Facility>

The facility for housing prisoners taken at the starport had been built by Imperial contractors for House Calipsa, as evidenced by the fact that had one not known they were prisoners of the House, one would have thought they were in Imperial custody. It looked just like an Imperial detention block, complete with the half circle of consoles at the entrance leading to halls of cells. Just as the Rebels were being brought in through one door, the one next to them opened and a group of Stormtroopers led by a human in a black uniform pushed past to the officer manning the consoles.

"Agent Marcus Sekel here for Prisoner 58271." The man said.

"Prisoner 58271 is currently in Interrogation. A guard will take you there." The officer said, and one of the posted guards waved the Agent and his entourage to follow him down one of the corridors. The officer then looked to the Rebels.

"Inprocessing. Take them to holding cell D-281 for now, we need to get 58271 ready for out processing after the ISB is done with him." The officer said.

"Yes, sir. Move it, convicts." The lead guard with the Rebels said, herding them down another of the corridors to a cell. All it had was a large durasteel slab to act as a bench and an barred cell door that gave a view into the hallway. All three were pushed in harshly before the door was shut and the guards departed.

"...58271 must be Myn Harik." Zhug said quietly.

"The ISB is already here, we're too late." Sabe replied.

"No, just on time. Alright, who can get us out without getting us blasted?" Zhug asked.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<Impound Yard>

Right on cue, Tobias opened up the cargo compartment and helped Visas out of the hold before opening up the bulkhead compartment to retrieve their weapons.

"Well. Cap'n isn't going to be too happy about his cargo to Lynx being stolen. But I guess he should've hid it before he decided to go with this plan of his." Tobias said, equipping himself. Strangely, he had a slugthrower pistol, which he attached something to the muzzle, as well as a well-worn EE-3 blaster rifle that he slung over his back. He set out Visas' weapon bag for her to get into while securing the weapon bag holding everyone else's weapons over his shoulder.

"Alright. How do you want to play this? We can go look for the ship we came for first, or we can make our way out of here to the security post. Cap'n brought me on because I know my way around anything with an electronic circuit, I was in a militia fighting droids as a kid during the Clone Wars, so don't worry about me if the blaster bolts start flying." Tobias explained.

Offline Asalaya Emaalon

• Smuggler
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2017, 08:24:05 PM »
                                                                                       ==<cell>==

All things considered it worked out rather well, their objective to get inside was, well nothing short of predictable, as in they were locked up; prisoners and that was after all what they wanted. Of course Laya had to shoot her mouth/ego off by saying she was able to get them out of almost anywhere, the problem with that was just about all the places she had been locked up in were quite substantially more primitive than this with security, ie locks, being far more antiquated that this system.

Still in the few moments she had to think about it, she knew it wasn't going to be that hard. Just a little more trickier than she was used to. For a start, the cell door lock wasn't controlled by a panel just outside each cell, they were on a console a distance away where a guard sat down the hall and so far in her little bag of tricks Laya hadn't even begun to experiment with that mind job she had been told about that apparently these 'Jedi' were able to use in convincing people of things they'd normally not be so easily persuaded in. Like telling them the sky was red and making them accept it. A nice gimmick of course but could she do it? Well there was only one way to find out. Very quietly she answered Zhug. "I think I can, I mean like its not something I've done 'afore but I have read about it and bin told more than once at great length about it." That was just one option, the other might get them out quickly, it would also get them as quickly shot. "If someone complains about stomach pains, that will get the main guard running, if there is anything cell guards hate the most, is cleaning up after a case o' the runs." That was her experience, and it had served her well to use it as a ruse more than once.

lethal-pageant