Author Topic: Elsewhere...  (Read 23 times)

Offline Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Padawan
  • Forum Game Master
Elsewhere...
« on: February 09, 2018, 10:53:31 PM »
This thread is for GMs only, as a plot device to show things that are going on outside of the normal threads.

Offline Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Padawan
  • Forum Game Master
Re: Elsewhere...
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 11:17:39 PM »
Empire Interlude I

Imperial-I Star Destroyer Glory
LOCATION UNKNOWN

"Message coming in from Mrlsst, Grand Admiral."

"Thank you, Lieutenant. I'll take it in my ready room." Grand Admiral Demetrius Zaarin said, pivoting around and striding confidently off the bridge. He wore the same olive drab uniform as the rest of his officers, eschewing the white uniform normally attributed to Grand Admirals. It was gaudy, in his opinion, and in the end, Zaarin did not want to be that separated from his officers. He made his way down the corridor and to his ready room, activating the holoprojector. Captain Sarkli appeared.

"Report, Captain." Zaarin said, taking a seat at his desk. Sarkli appeared to be in his transport, standing and holding his communicator in one hand while holding onto a hand hold above him.

"Althzaria is dead. The lunatic was about to sell his project to the JAN, and those rebels were here in force." Sarkli said, "And there was another unit here. An Inquisitor and a Death Trooper were with them."

"Well, that is indeed interesting, Captain. I had heard rumors that Corvae's idea of a multiservice team was being evaluated, I didn't realize it became a reality." Zaarin said, pressing his fingertips together as he leaned back in his chair.

"They might become a problem, sir." Sarkli replied, the commando's expression had turned from professional into a slight scowl.

"Oh, I agree, Captain. But we have to be measured at this juncture, otherwise, well, we're going to waste a lot of effort. Were you able to recover the bioweapon?" Zaarin asked.

"No, sir. Althzaria never finished it. He lied to us. I made sure our slicers removed any trace of us from his files that shouldn't be there, as you requested." Sarkli said. Zaarin frowned.

"That complicates matters a great deal. Very well. Return to your ship and begin preparations for Phase One. Your targets will be sent to you soon." Zaarin said.

"Yes, sir." Sarkli replied and his image faded. Zaarin leaned forward and tapped several commands into his desk console before the holoprojector activated again, but the image was just the silhouette of a man. On the other end, the recipient had no image at all.

"Arclight is ready." The silhouette said in a distorted voice.

"Begin Phase One." Zaarin replied and closed the channel. He then stood up and exited his ready room, returning to the bridge.

"Lieutenant. Signal the Thunderer, Conqueror, and Imperator. Inform them to initiate Phase One of their wargames simulations. Then send a signal to 20th Fleet informing them we are conducting wargame exercises and will need permission to enter the Tapani Sector as part of these simulations. Pass that along to the Agonizer as well. It would be poor form to keep Admiral Rogriss in the dark." Zaarin ordered.

"As ordered, Grand Admiral."