Author Topic: Star Wars reshuffle  (Read 1802 times)

Offline Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Padawan
  • Forum Game Master
Re: Star Wars reshuffle
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2017, 01:40:22 AM »
Im a little wary of this being with the Rebels, plus the cast is starting to mirror the cartoon, much to my own amusement. (A Force Sensitive in need of training, a fallen Jedi, and a renegade Clone Trooper).

Also, Im already noticing that no one is all that thrilled with the Black Talons or Privateer options...

Offline Mim

• Administrator
  • Padawan
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2017, 03:09:11 AM »
 I'd as easily go with the Black Talons, its just I don't know from the perspective of Laya's bio how she'd end up with them, or get some training later on. Oh and the only Star Wars stuff I've ever seen are the movies 1-6. Nothing else, no books, no games no cartoons  :lol If you read her bio, she may well have formerly been with the privateers :D
"Fate is what you make it."

Offline DanielRyder

• Smuggler
  • Bolt'slinger
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2017, 05:24:07 AM »
oh i like the privateer and black talon options. I had a bit of idea like maybe Kael's former or used to be a part of it.

Offline Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Padawan
  • Forum Game Master
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2017, 06:34:05 AM »
Im always willing to answer questions

Offline Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Padawan
  • Forum Game Master
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2017, 05:55:00 AM »
This is a preliminary order of battle for the main PC forces, so their base of operations and overall goals. I may change it in the near future, but if it works, Ill move on to mission preplanning and character verifications.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Bgh_zbm8q37-5W9dDt7Z9vV73RhbNZZZnwhKuFFJ92Y/edit?usp=drivesdk

Bowsy 112

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2017, 08:12:26 AM »
As far as Bowsy's factions work. that all depends, I dont see him working with anybody. He is mostly a weapons merchant (Specializing in former Republic equipment salvaged from the Imperials Equipment Gave Yards.) and Military Contractor. So he could work for anybody, more than likely the Talons but it would be a very loose alliance, depending on how these other closes operate, but he also hates Kaminoans, so thats something tht may not make him stick around. Also how do the Talon ranks work same as clone Ranks? how many are there? I meean these, and ther things, would dictate Bowsy's interaction's with them and how involved he gets. s Bowsy has extensive experience all through out the GAR Including Special Operations, Counter Terrorism and has even got experience as a Brigade XO.

I was wondering when would this be set? s Bowsy receives the cure to the advanced aging all clones have in round 15bby. So trying to work out ages for clones and thus Bowsy in this case.

As far as our previous canon goes, well honestly I am not sure. I had a lot of stuff penned out that never materialized and I dont now what Sin had in mind as he told very little.

I take it that you arnt following Canon in terms of the clones having chips in their heads? I have a head canon, that has been excepted by all previous RP's on this forum but its up to you if you want to hear it. (Its only important if meshing the Canon obedience chip and legends but if you are forgoing canon its not really needed.) Bowsy's profile will remain the same unless their are any issues.

As far as his ship goes, I use and have always used A Firefly shit from the TV series of the same name. People here apparently didn't realize that was what I was doing an some people took issue with it, others didn't. I chose it as it dose appear in Legends (In one comic, but still.) It goes back to the 'whats canon arguments' If you dont like it I will keep the name of the ship and just keep the class vague as I am not a fan of changing it. But I know some people took issue.

Also I brought this up before and was told it was unimportant, but I think its worth bringing up again. if we ever get on to the subject with force users, what teachings will be followed for our Jedi Learners? Like will it be the strict adherence to the old order set up by Yoda, or would it be more like some off shot like Dijin Altis's or Lukes in Legends?

Offline Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Padawan
  • Forum Game Master
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2017, 09:15:13 AM »
The GAR was all but NCO-less, so to cope with new and old clones, the Black Talons have a rank structure closer, for the sake of brevity here but I should post all of this in another thread, to a NATO country's rank structure. The ARCs and Commandos are considered Canon, so little has changed there.

The aging process is going to require research, since Rex, Wolfe, and Greggor do appear to be older but since they were also hermits, I dont know, Rebels doesnt touch on it. The Talons obviously would seek to stop any advanced aging or risk losing their senior officers and veterans to old age.

I cant speak to what was planned, so we're going blank slate here.

The chips were there, but again, the Talons removed theirs after being told about them by an unknown benefactor (Rex after he went into exile. In fact part of their canon is that he sent them Order 65, but they dont know that).

The ship is fine, in canon terms, since I believe it appeared in one of the scenes of the prequels thanks to CGI as an easter egg.

The Force teachings depends on the teacher. Many Jedi and Sith went about things very differently in the Clone Wars. So thats a case by case situation that will depend on the master and student in question. Im not at all dismissing your question, its just that it has no easy answer.

Bowsy 112

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2017, 10:02:33 AM »
The GAR was all but NCO-less, so to cope with new and old clones, the Black Talons have a rank structure closer, for the sake of brevity here but I should post all of this in another thread, to a NATO country's rank structure. The ARCs and Commandos are considered Canon, so little has changed there.

Yeah, I get that. Its more Bowsy was a Captain and a Commando He just wouldnt want to step on toes if say the highest ranking Clone Officer left was a Lieutenant. But yeah GAR and in general Star Wars ranks do suck I spoke about it before how some times in Star Wars Colonels out rank Admirals and the Navy has Majors and what not. I did write up some guide lines for Imperial ranks in the past if you want to use those for the Empire. http://starwars.lostworldssff.com/index.php?topic=2223.0

The aging process is going to require research, since Rex, Wolfe, and Greggor do appear to be older but since they were also hermits, I dont know, Rebels doesnt touch on it. The Talons obviously would seek to stop any advanced aging or risk losing their senior officers and veterans to old age.

Clones age twice as fast. Rex, Wolfe and Gregor are around 30 years old in Rebels which is 4ish years BBY, but appear to be 60 (Well younger, thanks to clone genetics meaning that realistically they are still fully able to around 70 in clone years.)

But at the same time. Bowsy would have gotten the cure 5 yearsish after order 66 and that would make him So he is only 50 in clones years at the same time.

My main point was more of a, Are they like Red and his gang not looking for a cure or are they doing so. And you answered that so its cool.

But still need a year from when its set.

I cant speak to what was planned, so we're going blank slate here.

Cool.

The chips were there, but again, the Talons removed theirs after being told about them by an unknown benefactor (Rex after he went into exile. In fact part of their canon is that he sent them Order 65, but they dont know that).

Is it possibly okay if we include my little head canon about the chip? (Roughly outlined here. :http://starwars.lostworldssff.com/index.php?topic=2317.0 ) To summarise, the idea is that Early troopers (Mostly the Null, and Alpha ARC's and the original Commandos with a few other clone battalions.) were not given the chip and it was a later addition? (maybe works out best as it being a Pre-Geonosis thing with the earlier batches of SF's and regular troops passing a state of maturity where the chip could not be added, which would explain why later developed clones without proper training or experience were later pushed to these roles?)
I just feel it is a good way to rectify Legand and Canon deserter ideas for clones. But its up to you.

The only reason I ask is because if Bowsy has to remove the chip it brings up a lot of, awkward questions and it slowly causes his back story to fall apart, I can go in to full detail if you like. But its complicated and time consuming. But if you want a full explanation of the issues just ask.

The ship is fine, in canon terms, since I believe it appeared in one of the scenes of the prequels thanks to CGI as an easter egg.

Cool like I said I knew some people took issue with it so I wanted to check with you.

The Force teachings depends on the teacher. Many Jedi and Sith went about things very differently in the Clone Wars. So thats a case by case situation that will depend on the master and student in question. Im not at all dismissing your question, its just that it has no easy answer.

Yeah I get that, and I know its a case by case basis, also aware it may not even come up, but thought I would bring up the topic now in development rather than later in the game. Bowsy is personally of the belief that the Jedi Order had it wrong and supports the Altis teachings for Jedi. (And not just because his girl friend was one. He thinks Altis has better teachings in general.)

Not trying to be condicending or anything by listing each bit, I know I hve upset people by doing it before, I think its just a clearer way to see my responses.

Offline Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Padawan
  • Forum Game Master
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2017, 11:39:18 AM »
As far as the ranks go, Captain is more than fine. Most of the ranking Clone Officers are Senior Commanders. And I think I have the Empire covered as well, but I may come back to that.

I honestly don't have a timeframe for counteracting the aging, so 5 years after is fine by me. That might even fit for when the Talons get their Kaminoan help, since not everyone would be on board with the new Empire idea anyways.

I don't like getting into Null ARCs, because a lot of what Karen Travis wrote was heavily retconned by The Clone Wars (the whole Mandalore season I think was specifically aimed to retconning her work), and in the light of the canon that has now been set as such, they become an even tougher issue, and unfortunately, ARCs did get the chips too, near as I can tell. That being said, ARCs still were given a greater deal of individuality, that was the whole point with them, and even Troopers who became ARCs later (such as Fives and Rex) developed that, so I actually don't see it out of the realm of possibility that an ARC would get it removed, since the circumstances of Fives' death were really suspect at best. So if you need some creative licence there, as long as it's not insane, I'm willing to entertain what you might need to do to preserve your own backstory. The chips aren't common knowledge anyways, so if someone starts grilling your character IC'ly, I'd like to know how THEY know, if I'm honest.

In the Black Talons, they're mostly adherents to the Jedi Order, however, because they're veterans of the Clone Wars and survivors of Order 66, they adapted their beliefs under the principle that they live in an imperfect galaxy. They're more or less light-grey, they can't lose sight of the Jedi Code or they've lost that which they want to preserve, but they know all too well that they need to fight. The idea is like the Jedi who fought the Mandalorians alongside Revan or the Jedi who fought the Sith in the Great War (TOR), they take up arms but only as far as they have to, measured response and whatnot.

Past that, I can't really speak any further on it because as I said, it's a matter of the student and teacher. Even in canon, the Greys now are supposedly a thing, and there are different lines of thinking. So it's indeed a valid question, and one that will likely remain up for debate until the universe ends. I think any Master-Student Force Sensitive pairing should indeed be asking each other this question.

Offline Mim

• Administrator
  • Padawan
    • My Facebook
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2017, 04:20:27 PM »
So I am trying to understand what has been written....fail  :fp sorry. As I'm just a movie fan and never really got into all the lore of it. Can we get an explanation that I and others can fathom out please. Something really easy :D

Timeline wise, as I said before, it can be anywhere between the end of the Ep 3 and onwards but logically it can't be two close to Ep 4. How old was Luke supposed to be at the start?

Bowsy 112

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2017, 04:38:56 PM »
Dont worry Mel, realistically all of the stuff I wrote can get deleted. Bar maybe the Jedi training stuff as its useful for you if training Laya becomes  big plot point.

Offline Mim

• Administrator
  • Padawan
    • My Facebook
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2017, 04:52:18 PM »
 :yes:

cool. Then we have to talk about 'forms' of training. What does that mean?

Offline DanielRyder

• Smuggler
  • Bolt'slinger
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2017, 07:51:00 PM »
I think Jedi form of training is a bit similar to Japanese or Chinese but Im not sure. At least, they have different forms suited to combat. Its kinda the same with the Jedi. And they call it forms of lightsaber combat.

Trying to find and google a good example for what it means is difficult. But I found a few. Just not sure how to summarize it.  :look

Offline Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Padawan
  • Forum Game Master
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2017, 11:44:51 PM »
Not in this case, we're not referring to Lightsaber Forms, those are just methods of using a lightsaber. This is the more philosophical side of things.

The Jedi believe that the Force is to be respected, that it has a will of its own and that only through introspection and understanding can one truly begin to grow and understand the Force. It's why the Jedi often think before acting, why the Jedi Council had issues with the impulsive actions of Qui-Gon Jinn and Anakin Skywalker.

The Jedi Code
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

The Sith, however, see themselves as shackled by weakness, and that only through power and strength, will they see themselves free to master their own destiny. The pursuit of power is considered paramount above all else. Often this pursuit leads to treachery and deceit among Sith, it generally requires something serious enough to threaten all Sith to see them unified. Weakness is not tolerated and should be destroyed by the strong.

The Sith Code
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

The Gray Jedi are something different, and their philosophies differ from person to person. Dark Jedi are also in this category, it refers to a Jedi who walks the line between light and darkness, but succumbs to neither. It is a fine line, since these Force Users often tap into the power of the Dark Side as well as the Light. Some have merely decided not to follow the Jedi Code or the rule of the Jedi Council.

These individuals have chosen to make their own truths of the Force, but are not trusted by either Jedi or Sith. The Jedi view Gray as tainted for their touch with the Dark Side, while the Sith see Gray as weak for not being willing to commit to the Dark Side fully. In fact, the Gray often either operate individually or in very small groups, and do not have their own established traditions, such is their shunned status by both the Jedi and Sith.

Offline Mim

• Administrator
  • Padawan
    • My Facebook
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2017, 12:18:58 AM »
Laya will need to be fully trained in the code, even though she is somewhat older, as we would say in Wheel of Time speak, she is a wilder, self taught. But and I will reiterate this, she is disciplined even though she comes of a little loose in her ways.

lethal-pageant