Author Topic: Hangar Deck  (Read 856 times)

Offline Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Padawan
  • Forum Game Master
Hangar Deck
« on: August 30, 2017, 05:49:59 AM »
Both officers turned and blinked. The newest and most sudden addition to the Task Force clearly did not waste time.

"A report will be made available to you within the hour, but..." Captain Durren glanced to General Corvae, who regained her composure faster.

"The Rebels have a fairly small but scattered presence at this time. In terms of raw strength, we easily outnumber and outmatch them on every level. The problem has become that because we require the cooperation of the noble Houses to pacify this Sector with minimal difficulty, we cannot simply fight them as directly as we do elsewhere. This task force has been assembled as part of a new strategy to fight the Rebels in the manner they are accustomed to striking us but unaccustomed to dealing with. A small elite force that can strike precisely is unique in the Imperial Military, but it presents us the best opportunity for success while keeping the local nobility from getting upset." General Corvae explained.

"There are also non-aligned problems in the region, but again, this force remains the best positioned to strike it with minimal collateral damage. We hope..." Corvae stopped as Krennic returned from the shuttle rather abruptly.

"There's been a development. Lord Vader wants this ship on its way to Mrlsst immediately. ISB found Doctor Althzaria and his little errant project." Krennic said, and then addressed the new members of the task force, "This is a mission of the highest priority. Doctor Killric Althzaria is a deranged lunatic whom the Empire tried to give a sense of purpose to and he abused that for his own ends. He is developing a bioweapon that is obviously not for the benefit of the Empire, and may sell it to the highest bidder, including the Rebellion. Capturing the good doctor is a secondary concern, we might still have need for him but he has also outlived his usefulness to the Empire. There is a greater interest, and therefore the highest priority, Doctor Althzaria's research notes and information on who indeed was going to buy his weapon. Details will be broadcast and delivered to you en-route."

Offline Tak Imsen

• Smuggler
  • The Inquisitor
Re: Hangar Deck
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 12:44:59 AM »

Tak could do little at this point other than to listen, effectively for the moment at least Vader had shackled him, boxed in him so to speak with very little room to move. Something he would of course rectify in the very near future. He was though intrigued by the information provided, at this point his dealings with the Rebels had been confined to his pursuit of the girl with those naturally she had managed to align herself with. "One thing I've learned in my long years is never underestimate your enemies ability to draw in numbers to their cause. Not only will they use propaganda to good effect, the results of their little incursions into our domain will also draw attention to them." As he was about to add more weight to that, the interruption by Krennic gave rise to a new problem.

"Althzaria should have been dealt with long ago. We may well gain those notes, but if we don't curtail his activities he could well create something else knowing full well his first project has been compromised."
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 06:44:57 PM by Tak Imsen »

Offline Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Padawan
  • Forum Game Master
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 02:55:14 PM »
Krennic glanced to Tak and allowed a small smile, as if from one genius to another.

"Well, perhaps you would be ideal to show the good doctor the error of his ways before you correct that particular mistake. I personally see no further reason to keep him alive, but Admiral Zaarin seems to think he can get the lunatic to cooperate again." Krennic replied, "Come along, General. We shouldn't keep Lord Vader waiting. You all have your orders."

General Corvae fell in next to Krennic and the two of them headed back to the shuttle where Vader was waiting, the craft lifting off and departing swiftly.

"A mission team will be assembled shortly in the squad bay." Captain Durren said, looking around for a moment before pointing at Satre by pure chance.

"Uh, you there. Are you familiar with this warship's layout?" Durren asked.

"Yes, sir." The Death Trooper's voice was heavily distorted by her helmet's vocoder, again still by choice and design.

"Then you're now to act as guide for our guest here." Durren said. Without another word, he turned and headed for the nearest turbolift. The assembled troopers began to disperse, but Satre remained. She blinked twice at one of the icons under her helmet.

"Sir. TKC-118...or Leftenant Satre Pelles, if you prefer. Imperial Intelligence Death Troopers." She said, this time her voice no longer distorted and now clear that she was a woman speaking, "To be blunt, sir, I spent eight months on Director Krennic's detail, and it is rare to see someone intrigue him in their first encounter. Not sure what to make of it, but it has my attention."

Offline Tak Imsen

• Smuggler
  • The Inquisitor
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 12:33:32 AM »

Giving little off in the way of body language, Tak assessed the situation with remarkable clarity. He was after all the Emperor's favorite when it came to interrogation, that was after all his stock in trade. "Give me a day with him, I am sure he will be convinced as to where his loyalties should lay. That, or he will meet a swift end."

He was then united with what would effectively be his guard dog, not unusual in concept, he suffered it indifferently as he spoke to the woman. "Unusual, but not to the extreme. I should count myself lucky Lieutenant a woman was chosen to 'guide' me as Durren explained. Don't take it as an offense, I would be normally flattered that one such as you was seconded to me. Perhaps you should as well. Now, since you have voiced your knowledge of Krennic, how much do you know of me?" His reputation preceded him wherever he went, one that was littered with cruelty on every level.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 06:45:45 PM by Tak Imsen »

Offline Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Padawan
  • Forum Game Master
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2017, 03:30:38 PM »
"I serve the will of the Emperor and advance the Empire's rule as any other loyal soldier, sir. I just happen to have a different skill set to make that happen." Satre replied, her tone giving away nothing if she was insulted or not. But her loyalty was as genuine as it could get, not only was she raised as a zealot to the Empire, but it was a requirement in Death Trooper training to undergo further psychological conditioning. There was practically no way for the commando to be any more loyal to the Empire.

"You are an Inquisitor, an extension of the Emperor's direct will and power. Where you go, his enemies are swiftly brought to justice and ruin, through your unique skills and abilities. And it's quite unusual that you're even a part of this unit, but that appears to be an unusual circumstance." The Death Trooper shrugged, "I'm no stranger to finding new and interesting ways to bringing down the Emperor's enemies. The only difference between us is that you have more of a presence to exude. My line of work calls for being not as well known, and at times, we have to make people hard pressed to prove anyone was there at all, so the Rebels speak of us in hushed tones. But when we want to make ourselves known, we are capable of doing so."

Offline Tak Imsen

• Smuggler
  • The Inquisitor
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 07:14:18 PM »
The summary was what he expected, as always reputation preceded the man; a good thing if the balance between Vader and the Emperor was to be kept even. That was one of his many tasks, ensuring that the 'apprentice' did not become the master. Although at this point in time, Tak knew Vader was still raw and there would come a time when he will challenge Palpatine, when he did, the former Sith in Imsen would be there to gather whatever was left. His own time would come. "That is what I wanted to hear Lieutenant Pelles, the last thing we need right now are those with dual loyalties. I think you know well what I mean don't you?" There was no need to use the force, his experience told him merely from the tone of her voice she was sincere. "In the meantime I need to know if there is anything, any asset you need to enhance what we will be doing?"

At that juncture he felt it was time to go to whatever quarters that had set aside for him, of course she would be following behind quite closely. As he was on the verge of turning away, he stopped. "By the way, your assessment of me is quite accurate. The one thing as you've addressed is my being here; I can assure you it wasn't my choice. Now until we arrive at our destination, you could show me to my lodgings wherever they may be."
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 04:47:40 PM by Tak Imsen »

Offline Satre Pelles

• Smuggler
  • DT-F-118 - Death Trooper
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2017, 10:34:59 PM »
Unseen under the imposing black helmet was a smirk from Satre on the matter of dual loyalties. She had killed her own brother and turned her father over to a brief but painful remaining time in this galaxy over their lack of loyalty. It had been the night that her career went from just being a Stormtrooper officer to a Death Trooper, and the reason she could still answer to her name, not just TKC-118.

"I believe the intention of this unit on the whole is to strike with precision where the rest of the military responds with blunt force. We cannot hardly afford to perform a Base Delta Zero in this sector." Satre replied. Base Delta Zero was a Naval term, which called for the complete and total destruction of the target world by way of orbital bombardment. Some called it "glassing", but that wasn't accurate. It called for going so far as to shatter the crust of a planet, vaporize its oceans, and pulverize every square millimeter with turbolaser fire. It was also tedious and time consuming, not to mention it rendered the world useless to the Empire. A world only contributed if it had a population and resources to contribute.

"Anything that maintains our precision without upsetting the natives is going to be most useful. They think they rule this little area, but they only exist as the Emperor wills, and if their perception keeps the peace, let them live their little lie." The Death Trooper commented as she fell into step just behind Tak. Her gear and armor clacked against each other in rhythm, she was indeed armed and fully equipped as any good Death Trooper was expected to be.

"I'm not sure they have any for you yet, but I'm familiar with this ship class. Senior officer quarters will likely be where you will be staying." Satre said, taking the lead towards the turbolift nexus.

Offline Tak Imsen

• Smuggler
  • The Inquisitor
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2017, 05:06:54 PM »
Footfalls echoed lightly within the long passages of the Kingslayer, crews passed edging their way as close to the opposite bulkheads when Imsen and Pelles passed by them, both in their own ways as dangerous as the other with the ship's personnel being very well briefed on the two of them. Far be it for them to risk their necks for the wrong side ways glance. "The Emperor's policy on Delta Zero has always and will always be one of making an example. Personally I think its a total waste of time and resources when there are far better ways to subdue a population; that at least is something Vader and I do agree on." They walked further until reaching the turbolift.

"I am quite familiar with this ship class Pelles, its accommodation arrangements though are always left to the Captain's purser, I won't dispute that. It's often grated me at times being situated next to someone I'd rather strangle than be cordial with, most Pursers are well briefed on the personalities of their guests. Lead on." The door slid open for them, it would be several levels up from here.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 06:47:40 PM by Tak Imsen »

Offline Satre Pelles

• Smuggler
  • DT-F-118 - Death Trooper
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2017, 06:18:12 PM »
Satre reached out and hit the call button on the turbolift once they reached it.

"A perk, I suppose, of being with Intelligence rather than the Navy proper. I tend not to deal with such people, since in my experience, they had to either deal with Director Krennic's aides or with the Director himself. And only the latter if they displeased him in some way, otherwise, they scurried about. Morso when the detail and I were arriving with him. So I suppose that you and the Director have that in common." She said with yet another unseen grin under her imposing helmet.

The door slid open and a pair of technicians and a junior officer were revealed. All three bowed slightly as Satre stepped aside, toggling her voice modulator back on for a moment.

"M'lord." The officer said in greeting.

"Move along." Satre said, her voice once more scrambled and distorted. The officer nodded and the three of them quickly headed down the corridor that Tak and Satre had come from. Satre boarded the lift and held the door for the Inquisitor to board before selecting the level for officer quarters. She toggled off the voice modulator again.

"For anyone I'm going to work with, familiarity increases unit cohesion and efficiency. But for unknowns, I don't want them getting any ideas of seeing anything but my armor and what it represents. Let them fear, so long as they respect that I'm not here to make friends. So, the modulator makes it so they cannot even begin to guess who is under the armor." Satre explained. Once the Inquisitor was aboard, she let the door shut.

<<TO KINGSLAYER OFFICER QUARTERS>>

lethal-pageant